Digital Strategy & Web Design
- A fresh face: Burquitlam Animal Hospital has been serving pet owners in the communities of Burnaby and Coquitlam for over 40 years. After moving to a new facility in 2015, the clinic realized that their online presence needed similar attention.
- Up to date technology: Their existing site did not function well for mobile visitors.
- In house control: The information was outdated and staff was not able to make edits themselves or readily share up to date information with their patients and families.
- Cost: They were concerned that what they were paying each month in online advertising was not yielding return on investment.
- We met with the Burquitlam team to discuss pain points and challenges. We set timelines and milestones and structured a communication protocol that included email, video conference, phone, and face-to-face meetings.
- We envisioned a fresh look and feel that captured the welcoming, bright, and airy environment of the new clinic and tied in with Burquitlam’s existing brand and logo.
- A photoshoot was scheduled with Burquitlam’s own patients to provide imagery for the site, as well as to create a visual tour of the facility.
- We reviewed past analytics and reports on digital advertising to determine approach moving forward. Previously a great deal of resources were put into paid search engine marketing with low return on investment. Instead we created a comprehensive Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy to do much of the heavy lifting.
- Social channels were secured and optimized to ensure that the brand was being well reflected online.
- A targeted search engine marketing strategy is planned for the coming months, once a baseline analytics profile is secured.
- A new responsive website was launched in 2016
- Organic traffic to the site increased as a result of SEO efforts
- Referral traffic to supported charity increased
- Social channels were refreshed and relaunched along with the website
- Social following increased by 211% in 6 months
We came to Spryberry after not being happy with our previous website provider. Spryberry was very good at explaining the technical side of things that had been previously misrepresented. They quickly and efficiently helped us to create a website and digital presence we are proud of. More importantly, they have been able provide a cost effective online presence. We would not hesitate to recommend Spryberry to other small businesses.