Sun Life Financial is a Canadian-founded, global-industry financial sector leader specializing in group benefits, group retirement savings and individual insurance and wealth. They approached Spryberry with an ask for two separate but linked strategic projects in the autumn of 2018.
Media strategy and ad repository
Develop a media strategy and creative design repository to promote a new proprietary digital tool via social media to grow qualified leads for Sun Life’s Individual Business arm.
- Developed 360-degree media and creative strategy focused on the ideal target audience, their online journey and their awareness levels
- Media strategy focused on lead generation through social media platforms by reaching audiences at various stages within an awareness funnel: prospecting new leads, through retargeting them with nuanced messages, through driving qualified conversions
- Development of a bank of creative assets to test within existing marketplace of Southern Ontario, and expand throughout the country
- Presented Sun Life Financial with actionable, tactical recommendations to grow qualified leads on their product for the remainder of 2018 and throughout 2019
- Developed a bank of creative materials consisting of 8 x :15 second animated videos, 8 x :15 second live-action videos, 4 x display ads, and 12 versions of social media copy to be used on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
Best-in-class social media
Present an overview of best-in-class social media practices and recommendations as to how they can be incorporated in Sun Life Financial’s social media presence, as well as conduct an audit of Sun Life Financial’s current social media management processes, providing recommendations for improvements to social media management structure and internal communications platforms and systems.
- Conducted a global competitor scan with a focus on North America (primary competitor market) and Europe (secondary market) of what other companies are doing to excel in the social media sphere, and advised on how Sun Life could begin to adopt similar practices in their organic and paid social offerings to reach its ultimate goal of being “best in class” on social media
- Provided detailed recommendations into how to implement a proprietary social media hub for first and third party financial advisors which would provide them with training and tools to become social media ambassadors for the Sun Life Financial brand
- Conducted extensive research on social media management structures and made recommendations as to how to structure social media teams within Sun Life Financial to best serve their goals of being client-experience focused and best in class on social media
- Provided comprehensive overview of competitor examples of how a strong social media presence and organizational structure benefits company reputation, brand, and, ultimately, sales
- Provided Sun Life Financial with an actionable, short-term and long-term road map to achieve their goal of being best in class on social media